Maine Politics

From the Piscataqua to the St. John

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Colwell

The other day I mentioned that I didn't particularly enjoy the flash ad about Senator Davis. Obviously others disagreed.

Whether or not the ad was a smart move to begin with, I have to say that Democratic Chairman Pat Colwell has used the resultant publicity very well. First came a couple days of newspaper articles that served to highlight Edmonds and Richardson's optimistic bipartisanship, as well as increase in traffic to the Democratic Party website, and today there are a couple articles that profile Colwell himself in a positive light.

The Portsmouth Herald refers to him as a new sheriff in town, and the KJ traces his personal history and quotes members of every party that portray Colwell as an effective, if confrontational, Democratic leader. The piece ends with this quote from the Chairman:
"I'm not a shy guy and I'm going to make sure people know every day why we're here and why we're proud of why we're here."


Visit the new Maine Politics.

1 Comments:

I thought the ad was funny and well done.  

Posted by Ken R.

3/07/2005 03:59:00 PM

 

:
:
:

<< Return to Home Page