Maine Politics

From the Piscataqua to the St. John

Friday, March 25, 2005

Democratic Online Communication

I'm sorry to see the announcement today that Rex Rhoades of the Sun Journal will no longer be updating his blog The Starting Point. His posts have been some of the most well-constructed, well-informed, and punctual of any blog I've read. Must be the newspaper mentality. He cites the head-banging-against-a-brick-wall nature of online opinion writing as one reason for his departure, saying "There isn't an argument in the world that I could make that would cause a conservative person to flip sides. And, of course, our liberals here are equally stubborn." Maybe you're right Rex. Thanks for trying though.

I was ready to write that the seldom-updated Maine Democratic Party blog was spiralling towards a similar fate when I checked it today and found that not only had they posted new material, but that it was my material. Their top post is currently a reprint of a letter to the editor I wrote to the Sun Journal about the bankruptcy bill.


Visit the new Maine Politics.

1 Comments:

I just saw this on the MaineDems blog - I didn't know that your letter to the editor was published in the LSJ - that's great! (By the way, I too have been pretty disappointed in the lack of updates on the MaineDems blog...)

Well done Mike. 

Posted by Andy

3/26/2005 10:29:00 PM

 

:
:
:

<< Return to Home Page