Maine Politics

From the Piscataqua to the St. John

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Pingree on Pharma

Read her blog entry at the Huffington Post.
[...] After making their purchases in a cross-border drug store that looked just like one back in Maine, they sat down over coffee to compare their receipts to the ones they had brought from home. Their collective savings were $18,000. I once sat next to a woman taking Tomaxifin, a wonderful drug that has made a life-saving difference for many women with breast cancer. She paid $110 for her 30 day supply at her local pharmacy in Maine, yet in Saint Stevens, New Brunswick, the same amount only cost $12.35. As far as I am concerned, that is criminal and there is just no excuse for it, period. For many people these are life-saving drugs and people really do make choices between buying food and medication every day.


Visit the new Maine Politics.

1 Comments:

I promise  that I had no idea that our blogs are using the same template code. I will gladly remove this code if you would like me to. I used a search form possible site codes using the colors blue and white with a professional design. I guess it was your design that came up, I really liked it so I decided to use it. The search gave me the entire code and all I did was paste the code to replace my old website template. Like I said above, I will replace this template with something else, and I am very sorry that I didn't look into the original source of the code. Please accept my deepest apologies and if you would like me to remove this code please contact me.

Jack  

Posted by Jack

7/08/2005 11:50:00 PM

 

:
:
:

<< Return to Home Page